Pet Dental Care from Los Angeles Veterinarian
Pet dental care is important for maintaining healthy teeth and gums. As your pet’s Los Angeles veterinarian, we provide the pets of Hancock Park and the surrounding communities with a range of pet dental services to remove plaque, fight gum disease and more. Getting your pet regular dental care can help your pet avoid uncomfortable tooth aches, tooth loss, bad breath and other problems.
Offering a Range of Pet Dental Care Services
At Hancock Park Veterinary Clinic, we offer a range of pet dental care services, including:
- Dental examinations. Dental examinations can help us identify when your pet is suffering from dental disease, and other problems. After your pet’s dental examination, we’ll make recommendations for further care based on our findings.
- Dental cleaning. Our pet teeth cleaning services enable us to remove plaque from your pet’s teeth. Once the plaque is gone, we’ll polish the enamel. Getting your pet’s teeth polished will prevent food from sticking to the enamel. We recommend that your pet have his or her teeth cleaned at least once annually.
- Tooth extractions. If your pet’s tooth becomes infected, we may need to extract the tooth to prevent the spread of the infection or to stop your pet’s pain. Tooth extractions are often a last resort. We work with pet owners to avoid extractions by providing preventative care.
- Tooth Bonding. Pets can get enamel defects on their teeth. We provide tooth bonding to protect pet teeth from enamel defects.
Clean Your Pet’s Teeth at Home
Pet owners play an important role in their pet’s dental hygiene. There are many things that you can do at home to help your pet maintain healthy teeth and gums. For example:
- Tooth brushing. We recommend brushing your pet’s teeth every night. Don’t forget that pets need special toothpaste and a pet toothbrush. Using the right tools and cleaning your pet’s teeth on a regular basis can help protect your pet from dental disease.
- Water additives. Water additives are like mouthwash for pets. Additives are put in your pet’s water to help break down plaque and freshen your pet’s breath.
- Dental chews. Dental chews are treats that can help fight plaque as your pet chews.
- Tooth-cleaning chew toys. Some chew toys are designed to be good for your pet’s teeth and gums. As your pet chews the toy, your pet’s teeth get cleaner.
As your pet’s veterinarian in Los Angeles, we can answer any questions you may have about caring for your pet’s teeth at home. Ask us your questions at your pet’s next visit to the pet dentist.
Contact Us for Los Angeles Pet Dental Care
As your Los Angeles vet, we strongly encourage all of our pet patients to see the pet dentist at least once per year. Our preventative care can help your pet maintain healthy teeth and gums! To schedule your pet’s appointment for pet dental care with a vet in Los Angeles, contact us at (323) 936-6952.